Womens Road Rides designed to introduce newbies to the Sport of Cycling.
Check out She Rides Penticton on Facebook to get the latest news.
She Rides Penticton 2017
The weekly rides are free but you must be a PACA member to participate. Please click on this link to purchase your membership
You must also have a road bike and a helmet. For safety reasons, mountain bikes or hybrid bikes will not work (the speed differential will spread the group out too much and dilute the effectiveness of the rides).
We are looking forward to an exciting fourth season!!
Please share this post with anyone that you think may be interested in joining us!
- I am new to cycling and and just purchased a road bike, can I come to She Rides? YES, our primary focus is to get new, inexperienced cyclists out on the road!
- I am a cyclist that is new to the area and want to make new friends, can I come to She Rides? YES, She Rides is a great place to meet local women who ride!
- I have a road bike and haven’t ridden it in 10 years and don’t even know if I remember how to ride a bike, can I come to She Rides? YES, but have one of our local bike shops give it a tune up to make sure it’s safe!
- I want to try road biking but don’t know if I will like it? You can DEMO a road bike from one of our local bike shops and try it out at She Rides! The Bike Barn sponsors the She Rides program and will provide you with a demo bike free of charge. However they are not open on Mondays so you must arrange for the demo on the previous Saturday.
- I regularly ride the KVR on my mountain bike but never ride on the road, can I come to She Rides? All skill levels are welcome but you will need a road bike to participate.
- Can I bring my mountain bike/cross bike/cruiser bike to She Rides? Unfortunately, NO. She Rides is for road cycling only. To maintain the safety of the ride we can not accommodate other types of bikes. We have a limited number of coaches and must ensure that the group stays together, this can only be accomplished if everyone is on the same type of bike.
- Is there a fee for She Rides? Not currently. But you do have to be a member of the Penticton and Area Cycling Association (PACA). PACA Membership is required as they are currently the insurance provider for our rides. Your membership is $25 per year and your membership dollars support the many great things PACA does in our community on behalf of cyclists. If you click the “Shop Now” link on the She Rides page, it will take you to the PACA membership page.
- I have been road cycling (or racing triathlon) for a few years and want to get faster. Can I come to She Rides? You can, but you may not find the pace challenging enough and may want to use the rides as a social recovery ride. Although the larger group may break into smaller groups with varying speeds, the coaches will ensure that the pace of the ride remain appropriate for their group. Therefore, they will not allow the pace to become discouraging for the newer She Riders. These are definitely “no drop” rides. For those riders that are comfortable being uncomfortable and want to challenge themselves to become fitter and stronger with more structured and intense workouts on the bike, please consider joining the She Rides Strong[er] group. This group meets on Wednesday evenings. More information can be found on this group by contacting us.